Sun emerges in the east horizon,
And in my bed I sleep cozy.
It gets brighter, and is above my head,
I get up and relish bed tea and still feel lazy.
World around me is busy with daily chores,
Meeting the deadlines, rushing to the workplace.
While I have a majestic bath pampering the soap bubbles,
Get back to bed to feel warm and think what could be a better place?
Cozy bed gives me back the warmth I left,
And then I stand before the mirror gazing at myself.
I bend down to get my numerous face creams to gel on my face,
I rise and focus on the mirror again and find someone else.
I ignore and seek myself again in the mirror,
Cleansing, toning, moisturizing processes end.
Instead of opening the books smelling still so new,
I get online to check out my social networking sites.
Going through my own profile I feel like a stranger,
But I still ignore and go on surfing.
“90% internet buffs are depressed people” says a survey,
And I still ignore and open up messenger to start chatting.
I talk to many people, some disguised and some real,
They ask me numerous questions and I opt to be true.
Some like me some don’t, and I still don’t care,
I should log out & open a book; the watch gives me a cue.
I open the book and stare at the statutory words,
And think why did I choose to be a lawyer?
A millions of people ask me the same,
And I snap back with attitude saying, “may be coz I m a good liar!”
Is that all I qualify for being a lawyer? Am I really a liar??
From the sun to the mirror scream out the truth to me.
So am I a liar or an ignorant or a novice or total stranger,
I turn pages and the letters dance to form a question mark in front of me.
The question is the same but I always change,
I run back to the mirror and see myself again.
It’s not me I say to myself when I see a new face,
It’s not pretty; it’s not ugly but wrapped with chains.
One chain ties my brain another my ears,
One clutches my tongue but leave the eyes open to scrutiny the pain.
The pain opens my inner eye and I see my aura getting murky,
But I search for my heart and it’s bruised fighting against the chains.
Then I search for my soul and see it in two pieces,
One is tied in chains and other escapes.
The free soul travels down the memory lane,
Sails from today back to the two wonderful decades.
I see my soul in a teenager who knew nothing but to chase,
Sometimes love, sometimes success, sometimes fame.
I see my soul travel back in another decade,
I had no opinion of my own but knew only to follow a trail.
I see my soul in 6 months old toddler smiling always,
Sitting on grand pa’s lap and observing every vision.
And then the soul comes back to the present,
The silver crescent soul glows like a fire and burn me all over again.
I feel the heat, I cry in pain, tears sizzle on my cheeks,
And I open my eyes expecting a scarred face.
The chains seem to melt away and I feel lighter and free,
My heart heals and I look over to my new face.
Glowing like the teenager and smiling like the toddler,
The inner eye is still open and I see my aura getting bright again.
Then I seek for my soul and it still struggles,
To unchain its own half and to unite again.
The tryst begins which heat up inside,
And still the question remains, why I am still alive?
The moment the soul unites itself the question will be cracked,
And the stagnant life will flow again revived.
After writing 666 words the question still remains,
What I’m thinking or what I m trying to say?
But then the golden words of Solomon echo,
In my solitude, “This too shall pass…”
No comments:
Post a Comment